Monday, August 17, 2009

Cars

I have been driving a 2001 Honda Odyssey since Sept. 2000. My husband made me promise to drive it for 10 years when we purchased it brand new with almost every option available. Nine years later, I must say it has been worth every penny. It has nearly 130,000 miles on it and still going strong.

My youngest goes to preschool 3 days a week this year. So for a few hours a day three days a week, if I drive anywhere, I'm the only one in a seven-passenger vehicle that gets about 16 mpg around town with the a/c running (which it usually is in Arizona). And when said preschooler is not in school, the same seven-passenger vehicle is carrying around the two of us. In fact, it's rare that I have need of seven seats. But it does happen at least once a week when we go to church, so I'm still in need of the van occassionally.

I have a bee in my bonnet to get a newer car for everyday driving, keeping the van for occassional maximum capacity...even though my 10 year commitment isn't up yet.

I thought I found a great deal on craigslist - a 2008 Nissa Versa with low miles and a low price tag. However, it had been sold before I got my hands on it.

I'll just keep looking. You should know I'm not very patient with bees in my bonnet.

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Bzzzz! The 10 years is almost up, so get a car!

AZ Larsens said...

It makes me happy that your Odyssey is lasting you 10 years, that's EXACTLY our plan when we bought ours 2 years ago. So far, so good!

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
cash for cars sydney nsw
sell my car for cash sydney

cash for cars QLD said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap cars brisbane
cash for old cars brisbane

Charlie Lix said...

Are you looking to sell your car fast in Canberra. We offer cash for cars top car buying service in Canberra. We Have Car Inspectors In Your Area.
Sell My Car Canberra

Ad Cash 4 Cars said...

Car buyers Adelaide offers free Car Removals services and Cash for Cars in Adelaide. We pay instant cash up to $10000 for your car and provide free and fast.
Car Buyers Adelaide

Max Tiney said...

Cash for Cars Logan provides free car removal service anywhere within 1 hour. Sell your scrap or old vehicle for top dollars.
cash for cars logan

APlus Car Removal said...

The biggest reason to choose a cash for cars Sydney removals is that we're Sydney's most professional and respected vehicle removal service that offers top.
cash for cars sydney

Benz Well said...

Can still get some value from your used vehicle by using our free car removal richmond. Not only will it free up your garage space, but it will.
free car removal richmond