Friday, April 1, 2011

Hope for Japan


In 1991 I lived in Tokyo, Japan serving a religious mission for my church.  One morning I awoke to tremors from an earthquake centered near Yokohama, many miles south of my six-story apartment building.  You'd think growing up in Southern California, I'd know how to handle a little movement but that six-point-something quake took me by surprise.

The Sendai quake is unlike anything any of us has ever experienced before. If you're like me, you've been awestruck by images of the destruction in that region, wondering how you can help.  Close To My Heart has created a stamp set called Hope for Japan...it's just Five Bucks, and all profits go to the American Red Cross efforts in Japan. This offer is available through April 30th.  Contact me or visit my website to order one, or more.


No comments: