Monday, March 1, 2010

Scrapbooking, Texas-Syle


Last weekend I had the opportunity to join a few friends (and meet some new ones) in Gainsville, Texas for a scrapbooking marathon. I went through 3 packages of Tombow adhesive in three days. We stayed at the Lone Oak Ranch located near the Oklahoma border. Since I had to fly into Dallas, I was limited in the amount of scrapbooking paper and embellishments I could stuff into my suitcase. But you will be amazed by the goodies these ladies hauled to the Ranch. It was such a fun, relaxing, productive trip. I hope to do it again someday.


There are 34 of us settled in here. We each had our own 6 ' table for 48 hours of creative space.


My friend, Joy M. Look at how organized she is. I was able to dip into Joy's scrap bag when I needed just a small amount of Twilight or Sweet Leaf cardstock. Thanks, Joy!


This is an outside shot of our creative space. The 'ballroom' was surrounded by 10 lodgings, so it was very convenient to go to bed after scrapbooking until 3 a.m. Yes, you read that right. Some of us stayed up until the wee hours of the morning taking full advantage of our creative time away from the distractions of home.

I've seen a lot of mounted game: deer, elk, moose, even a 'jackalope'*, but I've never seen a bull until now! This lovely wall decor' adorned the dining hall. (*if you haven't heard of a jackalope, google it.)

And did I mention the divine dinner rolls?! Mmmmm.

No comments: