Monday, November 16, 2009

"Am I Going to Live?"

This little boy with the owie arms has a special place in my heart. He's my baby, my last one. This year he is the only child still home with mommy except for when he's not in preschool (he likes to call it 'pre-K'). All of his siblings are at school all day - including one who is away at college.




Notice his red arms...he was at the park and scraped himself up getting out of a tree. Before the tree incident, he got up on top of a horizontal drain pipe and couldn't get down. Rather than just lift him down, his dad made him climb down while guiding his steps. During one particularly precarious step he asked "Am I going to live?" Well of course he did, but the tree gave him a run for his money.

I am grateful for the one-on-one time I have every day with my little guy.

2 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

The question is "Will mom live through it all?!" :D

Marilyn said...

Very sweet post! And yeah I'm with Valerie, are you going to live through it all!