Saturday, November 28, 2009

Unbelievable


I took my little girls to see the Nutcracker ballet today. They have been taking dance lessons for 3+ years, and I think they really enjoyed seeing what people do with all those dance lessons. After the show my girlies really wanted a nutcracker of their own, so I took them to Michael's craft store (I had a tip that they were lots cheaper there than the ones being sold in the lobby of the Art Center). My girls picked out two nutcrackers, and I filled my shopping cart with some garland and poinsettias. Satisfied with our finds, we went to the front of the store to make our purchases. We found a line with only one person, which would make us next. I pushed my full cart to the counter while my girls stood by with their arms wrapped tightly around their cherished nutcrackers. I believe it's fairly normal to take a look at the items located near the cash register while waiting for my turn. Otherwise, why would they put all that crap up there? So as I'm looking at some Cricut cartridges, the customer in front of me finished up and headed out of the store. At first I didn't notice, but as soon as I did I began to move my cart closer to the counter when a RUDE woman rushed in front of me and my shopping companions. I said, "Excuse me, we were next." She replied, "No, you were shopping." EEEEWWWW! Not wanting to cause a scene I politely said, "In the spirit of Christmas, I'll let you go ahead of me." And then under my breath muttered, you could have asked. At least that's what I would have done..."excuse me, are you in line?" How easy is that? I guess it's much easier to be narcissistic and plow right in front of others. Oh and when I got to the cashier I said, "Did you see that?" She said, "Yes, you were first." What?! Well then why the heck didn't you say that to the rude shopper. Whatever...there is no such thing as customer service or common courtesy anymore. But we did score some cute nutcrackers!

6 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

How much did they cost? Kylie really wants one.

Chelley said...

At least your girls saw someone they don't want to be like and can appreciate the really nice mommy they have! Even if she was telling them off under her breath! lol

Chelley said...

ps. Do you have a cricut? My sil gave me one for an early Christmas present and am so curious as to what they can do. She is such a cool sil!!

Terina said...

how rude!!! L hate that about hoiday shopping!

Pooh said...

some people are just rude

Marilyn said...

I like your heading cause it really does describe what happened, unbelievable!